Pages Navigation Bar

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Experiments - A Variation on No-Bakes

Do you often experiment with recipes?  I have tried two in the last few days.  The first one, I burned, and we aren't going to talk about.  The second was an experiment with my no-bake cookies.  I was thinking they would be delicious with some marshmallows mixed in, or some chocolate chips.  I had white chocolate chips on hand, and since the missionaries were coming over in a couple hours, I thought that there would definitely be someone to eat them.

I made the cookies like I normally do, but after I mixed the oats and the chocolate mixture, I added the chocolate chips.  What I didn't count on, was the fact that the chocolate chips would melt so quickly.  I'm not really sure the experiment was a success, but not exactly a failure either.  They taste pretty good, but the texture is a little different.  I am looking forward to trying it with mini marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.