Pages Navigation Bar

Monday, June 13, 2011

Simple Hair Bow

Cheer camp is next week, so we are gearing up for what's to come.  This week, I am making bows; this zebra bow is a simple bow and takes only minutes to make.

Supplies
  • Ribbon - I used 1.5 inch wide satin zebra print, and 7/8 inch wide black satin.
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Hair elastic
  • Fray Check
Directions
  1. Cut a 3 inch length of the black ribbon and tie into a knot.
  2. Cut a 21 inch length of the zebra ribbon and fold like pictured.
  3. Pinch center of the bow and glue the black ribbon to the front.
  4. Place the elastic against the back of the bow and glue the black ribbon ends around the elastic.
  5. Dab fray check in a line along the cut ends of the bow to keep from fraying.

3 comments:

  1. simple. yet darling!! ah cheer camp...been there, love it!! have fun: ) the bows will be soooo cute!!
    xoxo
    ash

    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My niece is a competitive cheernastics girl and their theme is zebra too so I'm going to have to make her one of these! Thanks for sharing!

    I'm following you now! I'd love if you followed me back at www.illgetyoumypretties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheer camp... oh the memories ;) Great tutorial!!

    We are hosting a link party called “Help a Momma Out” every Tuesday! This would be an awesome link up! I would appreciate if you'd add it. Thanks in advance for your consideration :)

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.