Pages Navigation Bar

Monday, May 9, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Every year (well the last two) for Mother's Day, I make a brunch for my mother.  One of the features is chocolate dipped strawberries.  They are so easy and quick to make you will want to make them every weekend!  In fact, they are so easy, I am not providing much of a recipe, more just general instructions.

Begin by washing the strawberries and drying them on paper towels.

You will need to make a double-boiler (see this post for instructions on how to make a double boiler).  Melt one package of chocolate chips (I use the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips) with a dollop (very technical term - hee hee) of Crisco.  Then dip the strawberries in the chocolate.

Set the strawberries on a pan lined with parchment paper.

Let cool in fridge; impress your friends (or mom).

4 comments:

  1. Who doesnt love a yummy chocolate dipped strawberry?!...I know I do :)

    -Lindsay
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I wish I could eat the screen! Thank you for sharing.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so good, a great idea to take a plateful when invited out to dinner. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.