Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lori's Lemon Bars

I don't think words can adequately describe my love for lemon bars.  When I went to Utah in March my aunt made the most delicious lemon bars I have had in recent memory.  Adam (who you might remember doesn't like sweets) nearly ate an entire pan himself.  Of course I asked for her recipe, and it was one of the desserts we had for mother's day.

Ingredients
  • 1 stick butter (4 oz) softened
  • dash salt
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1 C flour
  • 3 T lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
  • 2 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 C sugar
  • 3 T flour
  • Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
Supplies
  • Baker's spray
  • 8x8 pan
  • Measuring cups/spoons
  • Mixer
  • Spatula
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray pan with baker's spray.
  3. Mix first four ingredients together, then press into pan.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes.
  5. Mix together remaining ingredients.
  6. Pour over baked crust.
  7. Bake another 25 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Wait until they cool completely before cutting.

5 comments:

  1. Lemon bars or lemon cake are my absolute faves of ALL time! SOOOO not a chocolate girl! I'm definitely doing these this weekend! thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM. Love it! I made a similar version and know what you mean about loving lemon bars... nice to know I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, I love lemon bars too. One of the only desserts my husband and I BOTH love :) I hope you can swing by and link this up to my Sweet Treats Party tomorrow! I'd love to see you there!
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Malory - Great recipe - the bars look delicious! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Enjoy the rest of your week ~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.