Pages Navigation Bar

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes {Guest Post from Michelle at Loving Every Second}

Hi friends!  I'm so glad you came back for Part 2 of our double feature today!  Did you already go snoop around Chef in Training?

Well I am starting Part 2 of our double feature with a confession.  That's right; I have a confession...I am a dessert snob.  That's right.  I turn my nose up at recipes and treats that I find less than satisfactory.  I inherited this trait from my mother.  She raised me to be the dessert snob that I am.  You should know that although I can't stand peach flavoring, I love peaches and peach recipes.  I don't think that peach flavoring actually tastes like the delicious peaches we get from Grand Junction and Palisade here in Colorado.  Ok.   I feel better getting that off my chest.  Now to the real feature of today, which includes real peaches (not that artificial nonsense we just discussed).  I am so excited to welcome Michelle from Loving Every Second!

Hello! Michelle here from Loving Every Second. I am SO excited to be guest-posting here at Snips & Spice!


I am going to be sharing a yummy cupcake recipe with you today. What yummy cupcake recipe, you ask? Peach Cobbler Cupcakes with Fresh Peach Frosting!!! Mmm-hmm, that's right!


Wanna make some for yourself? Here's what you'll need:

Cake Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1 15 oz can of sliced peaches, plus some of the syrup
Butter

Fresh Peach Frosting Ingredients:
1/3 to 1/2 cup peach puree {puree of 1 peach}
1 stick butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar

Let's start with the cupcake batter. Follow the directions on the back of the box. The one I had called for 1 and 1/4 cups of water. I used 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of the syrup from the can of peaches. Just to add a little more peachiness. Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup applesauce. You may also want to do the "high altitude" directions on the back of the box so the cupcakes aren't too fluffy after they are baked - the applesauce can do that. But it makes them oh so moist and delicious!

Divide your batter into your cupcake wrappers. Cut your sliced peaches in half and add two to three pieces per cupcake, like so:


Then, add a little pat of butter to each cupcake - we are going for the real peach cobbler taste here, folks! No messing around :)


Now you are ready to bake these bad boys! Bake them according to your cake mix box. Let them cool.


While they are cooling, you can make the frosting. I took one peach and pureed it in my magic bullet. If you don't have a nifty magic bullet, a good old blender will do the trick, too. I didn't measure it, but it made 1/2 cup of puree. Mix your butter and peach puree together. Add the vanilla. Mix well. Time to add the powdered sugar. The amount is going to depend on the consistency you want and how much puree your peach made. Add a cup at a time and stir just until blended. If you feel like you want your frosting a little thicker, add a little more (I do it 1/2 cup at a time and I like mine a little thicker). Let me tell you, this frosting is heaven.

If you don't have an official frosting decorating bag, you can do what I do - use a sandwich baggie! Fill the baggie half-way with frosting and then cut one of the corners. Then you can squeeze it right onto the cupcake and make it look nice and pretty :)


These were de-lish!

I even ate one with some whipped cream on top. Tasted just like peach cobbler!


Thanks so much for having me!

I would love it if you stopped by Loving Every Second and said "hi"! Not only do I have some other yummy cupcake recipes, I have some fun, thrifty projects, too!

Thanks Michelle; this was perfect timing for our western peaches!  August and September always mean peach pie, and now will include Peach Cobbler Cupcakes.  I have another confession to make...I know, I know, this is not normally that kind of blog, but I have just this one more for today: Michelle was not originally scheduled to post during cupcake month.  I actually stumbled across her Strawberry Coconut Cupcakes at one of the link parties I party at, and had to invite her! 


We have had a few change-ups to the schedule due to injuries, illness, babies, and other surprises, and I am so happy Michelle wanted to participate in our Cupcake Month series.  Go share some love with her for sharing this peachtastic recipe!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stumbled across my Strawberry Coconut cupcakes and decided to invite me to participate! You know what I thought of after I did this post? You could substitute the applesauce with fresh peach puree . . . um, yum! That's totally how I'm making it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so yummy! I love peach cobbler... SO I BET I would LOVE these! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these the other day for a party. I can't decide if you made me the happiest girl on earth or ruined my life but either way these were UNbelievable. Greatest cupcakes I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.