- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oats
- medium pot
- large bowl
- cookie scoop (or two spoons)
- parchment paper
- wooden spoon
- Measure oats into large bowl.
- Rip off a piece of parchment paper about 2 feet long. Place out on counter.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt in pot.
- Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Turn off stove, and add peanut butter. Stir until completely combined.
- Add vanilla, and stir again.
- Pour over oats, and stir until oats and chocolate mixture combined.
- Spoon out onto parchment paper. Let cool completely (if you can wait that long).
Wow - you've made one of my favorite cookies sound healthy!! I just love your felt tutorials and have included links from my blog. Thanks for sharing your projects with us :)ReplyDelete
These sounds really yummy! And a lot like a recipe i have, except it uses desiccated coconut instead of peanut butter. I can't wait to try this one out! :)ReplyDelete
Absolutely delicious! I want one now!ReplyDelete
HI! I'm hosting a link up this week -- It's a Keeper Thursdays! I hope you can come over and link up!ReplyDelete
It's a Keeper
I am definitely making these! Thanks for the recipe.ReplyDelete
Oooooh! I'm sure the healthy outweighs the butter and sugar! ;-) Looks delicious.ReplyDelete
Visiting from Somewhat Simple
Sounds great! :)ReplyDelete
Those look fabulous!!! I am thinking about making them tonight:-)ReplyDelete
I grew up with a similar recipe but not as dark. I can't wait to try these! Thanks for linking this project too!ReplyDelete
My family loves these cookies! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.ReplyDelete
I finally got around to making these today. They are SO good!!!ReplyDelete