Pages Navigation Bar

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dark Chocolate No-Bake Cookies

Are you ready for more "healthy" cookies?  The whole-grain oats, omega-3-packed peanut butter, and anti-oxidant cocoa make these worth the calories--not to mention they are delicious!

Ingredients
  • 1 stick butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups oats
Supplies
  • medium pot
  • large bowl
  • cookie scoop (or two spoons)
  • parchment paper
  • wooden spoon
Directions
  1. Measure oats into large bowl.
  2. Rip off a piece of parchment paper about 2 feet long.  Place out on counter.
  3. Combine butter, sugar, cocoa, milk, and salt in pot.
  4. Stirring constantly, heat over medium until mixture begins to boil.
  5. Boil for 4 minutes.
  6. Turn off stove, and add peanut butter.  Stir until completely combined.
  7. Add vanilla, and stir again.
  8. Pour over oats, and stir until oats and chocolate mixture combined.
  9. Spoon out onto parchment paper.  Let cool completely (if you can wait that long).
I will be linking to these link parties.

11 comments:

  1. Wow - you've made one of my favorite cookies sound healthy!! I just love your felt tutorials and have included links from my blog. Thanks for sharing your projects with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds really yummy! And a lot like a recipe i have, except it uses desiccated coconut instead of peanut butter. I can't wait to try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely delicious! I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I'm hosting a link up this week -- It's a Keeper Thursdays! I hope you can come over and link up!

    Thanks!
    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely making these! Thanks for the recipe.

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh! I'm sure the healthy outweighs the butter and sugar! ;-) Looks delicious.

    Visiting from Somewhat Simple

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look fabulous!!! I am thinking about making them tonight:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up with a similar recipe but not as dark. I can't wait to try these! Thanks for linking this project too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family loves these cookies! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally got around to making these today. They are SO good!!!

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.