Pages Navigation Bar

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Easy Reversible Bag

My absolute favorite magazine is a quarterly magazine (yes there seems to be a pun in there somewhere) called Quilts and More.  They always have so many cute ideas, and usually I see a few projects that I want to modify or use a piece of for something different, etc.

The most recent issue has this wonderful pattern for making a reversible tote (and instructions to make it a messenger bag instead).  I used some burlap that I found in the home decor sale section instead of the cotton recommended.  I like the extra heft of the fabric.  My sister's favorite color is yellow, and I love blue, and we love these colors together.  I am going out to Utah next month, so I hope she likes it!

I also used a twin needle for the first time with this bag.  The top side looks like two perfectly parallel rows of stitches, and the back side is this cute zigzag looking stitch.


What colors would you choose for your bag?

I will link this up at these link parties.  Check out the other goodies people link!

7 comments:

  1. This turned out really cute! I think Brookie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a perfect gift!!! I think your sister is going to love it :)
    I think I want to make one for me, my colours would be black/ pink :)
    have an awesome weekend
    hugs
    Manni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your sister will like it alot(and I do happen to have some inside info...)
    Also, if you did it as a messenger bag, it could look really cute to put a flap over the top or something, not sure how it would work out since the top looks a little bit curved, but just an idea from your not so crafty sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! I love the color choices too. I hope that you will link this up with my Show and Share linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/02/show-and-share-sunday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! SO cute and perfect. I might make one for my sis as a diaper bag! I am your newest follower! WOuld love if you checked out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great - and something that I might actually be able to create! I'm going to check out the magazine and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shape of this bag. It looks so versatile!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.