Pages Navigation Bar

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Frosting {Guest Post from Christina at It's a Keeper}

As I told you yesterday, today we have the pleasure of hearing from Christina at It's a Keeper.  Christina makes so many delicious looking recipes, you will definitely want to visit her blog and look for your favorite food!

Thank you, Malory, for inviting me to guest post here at Snips and Spice! My name is Christina and my blog is It's a Keeper. I love cooking and trying out new recipes. I have a huge pile of random recipes that I've collected over the years, and I'm cooking and baking my way through the pile and reporting back on whether or not the recipes are "keepers". Today, I'm sharing my recipe for French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Frosting. Yes, my friends, you CAN have cupcakes for breakfast!


French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Frosting

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. maple extract
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.

Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract. Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.

Divide batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
Pinch of salt
1 tsp maple syrup
4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
4 slices bacon, cooked

Beat together cream cheese, butter and salt until creamy. Add maple syrup. With mixer on low, add sugar 1/2 cup at a time until light and fluffy. Increase mixer speed between additions. Frost cupcakes. Cut cooked bacon into 1 inch pieces and garnish cupcakes.

This recipe is definitely a keeper! I highly recommend whipping up a batch! I hope you’ll stop by and visit me as I share recipes, cooking tips and tricks on my blog, It's a Keeper. Thanks again for having me, Malory. It was a pleasure.

 
Thanks for the wonderful post Christina!  I want to make these this weekend.  Christina also has some other fun cupcake recipes and decorating ideas on her blog.

I love these cute beach inspired cupcakes.

And how cute are these darling ornament inspired cupcakes?

Christina also hosts a weekly link party on Thursdays.  Now go try one of these recipes, or snoop around her blog for another delightful recipe

1 comment:

  1. I would like to subscribe to your site via email, but I don't see that option. Blogger has a gadget for that. If you decide to add it, please email me a kelly@CouponsCraftsandCauses.com along with your web link.

    Thanks,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.