Pages Navigation Bar

Friday, August 26, 2011

Marshmallow Surprise Cupcake {Guest Post from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life}

When I first decided to host Cupcake Month here at Snips & Spice, I knew I had to ask Jocelyn from Inside BruCrew Life to come guest post.  I think Jocelyn is the cupcake queen!  She makes all sorts of delicious cupcakes with different fillings, flavors, and frostings.  I am so excited she wanted to participate, and I know you will not be disappointed with this recipe.



Hello Snips and Spice readers:-)

I'm Jocelyn from Inside BruCrew Life.  I have a huge sugar addiction and it shows up quite regularly in my blog posts.  If you come poke around some of my older posts, I guarantee you will leave wanting something sort of sugar substance!!  I am super excited to show off one of my cupcake creations here at Snips and Spice. 


I love a good cupcake, but I love hiding some sort of yummy candy or treat down inside the cupcake to surprise everyone.  I have had a bag of chocolate covered marshmallows hiding in my cupboard for quite some time now.  How they have survived this long without my sweet tooth finding them, I will never know:-)  I was wanting to try some sort of smore cupcake, but wanted it be slightly different.  I think it worked, what do you think?


Marshmallow Surprise Cupcakes
vanilla cake mix
vanilla wafers
chocolate covered marshmallows
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350*  Place liners in cupcake pan and set aside.  Mix up the cake mix according to the package directions.  Spoon 1 tbsp. batter into liners.  Place one vanilla wafer on top of that batter.  Now finish filling the liners 3/4 full of batter.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Very carefully open your oven door and push 3-4 of the chocolate covered marshmallows into the centers of every cupcake.  Close the oven door and finish baking for another 12-14 minutes.  As soon as the cupcakes come out of the oven, push 3-4 more marshmallows into the center.  Let cool completely.  Pipe on some butter cream goodness.  Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 30-45 seconds.  Stir until smooth.  Drizzle over the tops of the cupcakes. 

Vanilla Butter Cream
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar

Beat butter and shortening until creamy. Add the salt, water, and vanilla and cream again. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add another 1-3 tbsp. water, beating after each one. You want the frosting to be creamy, but stiff enough to frost cupcakes.

Thank you so much Malory for inviting me to your cupcake month celebration.  It has been so much fun posting here today!

Thanks Jocelyn!  Another wonderful cupcake post from the cupcake queen herself!  Some of my favorites are as follows (Click the pictures to be taken to the recipe page):









2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.