- Embroidery hoop
- Cotton fabric for pocket
- Micro fleece fabric for applique letter
- Water soluble stabilizer
- Thread & sewing machine
- If you are making it without an embroidery machine, print a large copy of whichever letter you wish to applique.
- Begin by placing the outer hoop of the embroidery hoop down.
- Layer the cotton on top of the hoop with the right side up.
- Layer the fleece on top of the cotton with the right side up.
- Layer the stabilizer on top of the fleece. (If you are not using an embroidery machine, layer the letter printout)
- Hoop all layers together.
- Embroider the letter. (If not using an embroidery machine, stitch in a zigzag stitch with an extremely short stitch length all the way around the letter)
- Cut away the excess fleece.
- Embroider the name.
- Remove the hoop and the stabilizer--my stabilizer mostly tears away, then I use water to remove any remnants. Cut to desired size and use the envelope method to make the pocket.
these are so cute!!! i bet he loveD it:) you are such a sweet aunt!!ReplyDelete
Very cute - it's always nice to make personalised things!ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success