Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Wedding Blanket

While I truly loved and appreciated everything we received for our wedding, one gift has won out for the favorite over the past year and a half.  A family friend gave us a faux fur blanket with our names and wedding date embroidered on it.  I have never been much into faux fur, but I love this blanket.  It sounds silly, but we use this blanket spring, summer, fall, and winter.

A few months ago, I made a similar blanket for a family friend for her bridal shower, and last week, I made another one for a friend for his open house. 


The wedding blanket is made using the same method as this blanket, but on a larger scale.  I bought 2 and 1/3 yards fabric (60 inch wide), then followed the same process as before.  I buy one side of faux fur, and one side of thin suede.  I recommend embroidering on the thin suede.  The faux fur is a little too thick to easily fit in the embroidery hoop, and the needles break.  When sewing with faux fur, use a rounded (stretchy) needle instead of a sharp.

The newlyweds will love to cuddle under this luxurious blanket for year to come as they remember their big day!


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely personalised present! It's nice to give something that will be so well used and appreciated too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.