Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cupcake Ornaments {Guest Post from Jenn at Ruffled Sunshine}

Did anyone try making the cupcake recipe from yesterday?  Today we have Jenn from Ruffled Sunshine visiting with some of the cutest ornaments I have ever seen!  Who wouldn't love ornaments that look like cupcakes, and are all sparkly with glitter?

Hello Friends! I'm so excited to be here with you and Malory celebrating all things cupcake. My name is Jenn and I blog over at Ruffled Sunshine. I share a little bit of what I've been up to from time to time. I have a spunky little girl, Ivy that keeps me on my toes, but she is my biggest source of inspiration. Ivy is ca-razy about holidays. She is the kind of girl who watches Rudolph all year long and asks me to sing Away in a Manger to her every night before she drifts off to sleep.





We la la love cupcakes in our house. {Lemon ones are our absolute fave} But my brother is getting married next month which means I'm trying to cut back on the sweets! So Ivy and I pulled out the glitter and glue and whipped up a batch of cupcake ornaments to satisfy our cravings.


SUPPLY LIST

ball ornaments
ribbon
glitter
mod podge
cupcake wrappers
glue gun
twine, string or an ornament hook


OK I know it's August, but just head to a craft store. You would think it was October with all of the fall and Christmas decorations out already! I just know you will be able to get some ornaments to make your own batch of cupcakes.



Step one: Remove the top thingy from an ornament and set it aside. Take some ribbon and starting about a third of the way down from the top wrap and glue the ribbon, covering the bottom two thirds of the ornament. I used brown to give it a chocolate cake look.



Step Two: Mod podge the uncovered part of your ornament and dump a bunch of glitter on it. I used white for this one but any color "frosting" would be cute. Glue together a couple of cupcake liners for stiffness, then glue your ornament in to the cupcake wrapper.




 Step Three: Glitter the ornament top too. {If you don't have one of those glitter trays I highly recommend it. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $2 or something. The funnel makes all the difference.} Then put that top thingy back on.




Step Four: Tie with some bakers twine or string and hang on your tree. Or seeing as it is August and I really shouldn't be tempting you to think about things like Christmas, just think of how cute it will be when you DO get to hang it on your tree!




Step Five: Make a bunch more because it was easy, and you are kind of addicted to glitter now. I thought the patterned ribbon looked like some fancy bakers cups so I left them without the wrappers. That mini black polka dot one is my fave, imagine that. How cute are they in miniature?!


Thanks for having me Malory! It was super fun. And I'd love it if you all came visit me some time. I know we will be good friends!
Happy cupcake making!

Photobucket

Thanks so much Jenn!  I know some of these ornaments will be decorating my tree this Christmas.  Jenn has one of the cutest blogs out there.  Ruffled Sunshine is one of my "eye candy" blogs.  Every time Jenn posts a project, she uses the most beautiful pictures.
This swimsuit rack is so cute, and a creative use of faucet handles.
Jenn is also the wonderful person who introduced me to picnik (yes I heart picnik).
Head on over to Ruffled Sunshine and satisfy your sweet tooth with some of her "eye candy."

3 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake ornament, and what a great project to do with my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute!! They'd be fun to make with the kiddos before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the cutest cupcake ornaments! My daughter will love making these too! Pinning for sure so I don't forget:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.