Pages Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Reese's Pieces Peanut Buttery Cupcakes {Guest Post by Kassi at Truly Lovely}

Today's feature is from my fun friend Kassie from Truly Lovely!  I am so excited about today's post because I never knew there was such a thing as butter pecan cake mix.  I am pretty sure I heard a chorus of angels singing when I read that little tidbit.  Keep reading to see how she used this cake mix...

Well hello there lovelies!!!
My name is Kassi and I blog over at Truly Lovely!
It's a blog about all things my sister and I consider to be.... lovely, of course!
To learn more about me and my blog, just clickity click this little button.


Truly Lovely

In the meantime, I am thrilled to be sharing a cupcake post in honor of Cupcake Month with you all here at Snips and Spice! 
Thanks SO much to Malory for inviting me over! 

OK! So my hubs isn't much for sweets. 
Kind of breaks my heart... Because I LOVE to bake!!!
But once in awhile I can find something he likes. 
One of his favorites, Reese's Pieces! What better way to incorporate Reese's Pieces into a dessert than with Reese's Pieces Peanut Buttery Cupcakes!!!



Ingredients Needed:

Butter Pecan Cake Mix
Muffin tin
Bag of Reese's Pieces
Cream Cheese Icing
Cupcake Liners
AND my special secret ingredient... Apple Sauce to substitute for the oil called for in the cake mix!
Makes the cupcakes more moist!

Mix up the cake mix according to the directions, substituting your cup of apple sauce for oil of course. 


Then to keep it real... Let me share my cooking FAIL
In a thin cake mix apparently... Reese's Pieces just SINK. 
They're too heavy for the light mix. 
SO instead of doing what I did and just trying to mix them into the cake mix...


Go ahead and fill your cupcake liners in your muffin tin with cake mix, then drop a few Reese's Pieces into each cupcake one at a time. 


This way, you get a few in each cupcake and NOT just a huge pile of Reese's Pieces at the bottom of your bowl... 
You live you learn, then you share it on your blog so others don't have to! ;)

Bake according to directions on the box and viola!
Yummy cupcakes! 


And my new icing technique... 
Saves time from just using a butter knife or spatula...
Cut off a corner of a ziploc baggy, fill with icing and go to town!!


Then of course display on your new cake plate! ;)

Happy Baking Lovelies! 
Hope you'll pop over to Truly Lovely to say hello! 
Thanks again Malory for having me over!!!



Thanks Kassi!  Yum.  I can sympathize with her about husbands who don't like sweets.  Kassi blogs about all sorts of fun stuff.  She made these cute tote bags--you know how I love bags.


She also made these delicious smores in a pan.  I have been thinking about a smores bar for a few months, and these look delish!


Stop by on Friday for her link party Fancy This Friday.

Fancy This


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me today!! :) And for sharing my totes and Smores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look easy and delicious! I also use the applesauce trick :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.