Pages Navigation Bar

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentine Wreaths {Part Three}

Tutorial for making a felt roses Valentine wreath
I previously showed you how to make two other Valentine wreaths (the boa wreath, and the yarn wreath).  I saved this one for last because although it is easy, it is very time consuming.  That being said, I think this might be my favorite.

Supplies
  • Scissors
  • Lots of red felt (about 13 sheets)
  • Low-melt glue gun and sticks
  • 12 inch wire wreath frame
  • Ribbon to hang (I used 7/8 inch wide white grosgrain ribbon)
  • Spool of 5/8 inch red velvet ribbon
Directions
  1. Make 90 felt roses.  I made them with one 2 inch diameter circle, and one 2.5 inch diameter circle each.
  2. Glue ribbon to the top of the wire frame--this helps the roses stay in place while you are gluing, and fills the gap between roses.
  3. Stick the roses into the frame (4 roses in each segment of the inside circle, 5 roses in each segment of the middle circle, and 6 roses in each segment of the outside circle).  Tie the ribbon through and hang.
Tutorial for making a felt roses Valentine wreath
Tutorial for making a felt roses Valentine wreath

I will be linking to these link parties.

16 comments:

  1. Just BEAUTIFUL!! Do you have a tutorial of how to make the roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I do have a tutorial. You can click on it from the side bar, or if you click on "felt roses" in step 1, it will take you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this wreath! I wish I had to patience to do it. Maybe I'll just have to suck up and do it because it's AWESOME!

    I love your blog too- I would like to award you the Stylish Blogger Award! Head on over to my blog if you'd like and accept it- Can't wait to see more projects!

    -Kait

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! I didnt have the patience to do mine the whole way, good job!
    momsofalltrades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my cuteness. If you want some tips for future door hanging items . . . head over to my blog :)
    You won't be disappointed. Well, maybe you will.
    Found you through Sugar and Dots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing! Obviously totally worth the time it took :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i KNOW this took alot of time to make.

    it looks gorgeous! just fantastic.

    have a super valentines!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made one very similar to yours, I linked up to TT&J too...only mine was in the shape of a heart!

    You did a great job, I love the white ribbon you put with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured your project on Made With Love at Sew Chatty! Feel free to grab the featured button form my sidebar. Have a great day! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be featuring this tomorrow at Sugar and Dots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice job on this! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.