Pages Navigation Bar

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Graduation Cakes & a Winner!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend!  As with most of the country, we had our graduation ceremony in the past couple weeks--which means graduation cakes.  Today I am not going to focus on baking cakes,  frosting cakes, food coloring, or covering with fondant (click to see previous posts).  Today I am just sharing a little eye candy with you, but tomorrow I will share how to make a gumpaste bow!

The first cake was for Jerry.  He had a hard time deciding what he wanted and ultimately landed on a Colts cake.  I made the decision to add the middle tier with his name and graduating year, so it had something to do with graduation.



The second cake was for Hailee.  She came in with a vision.  She knew just what she wanted and I don't think I could have matched her idea better.

Come back tomorrow for a tutorial on how to make this gumpaste bow! 




The winner of 1 hour free design time from Sugar Ink Design is:

My Photo
OurAzFamily  who said...

Their work is awesome! Absolutely beautiful! I "liked" them on my personal facebook account under the name, Marsa McCool-Solis. I would love to be entered in the giveaway :) Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful cakes :) love your bow, it came out PERFECT!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.