Pages Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mmmmmm...Peanut Butter Frosting

If you have been reading my blog for a while, you probably already know that Adam does NOT like sweets/treats (yes I think this is practically criminal).  Last week we had a retirement party for a co-worker of mine.  I was asked to bring the cupcakes.  I wanted to make something new for my department, and I thought about the favorite treats we have at lunch.  Anything chocolate, caramel, or peanut butter is a big hit.  After I made this recipe, Adam ate a cupcake and told me it was the best cupcake I had ever made.  He has even eaten five in the last week!

I also was to give a shout out and thanks to Manni from I Bake Cakes.  I was the winner of a giveaway on her blog where I got this cute cupcake stand.  She makes the most beautiful cupcakes I have ever seen.  You should hop over if you have a moment and take a peek.

Ingredients
  • 1 stick (4 oz) softened butter
  • 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 bag peanut butter chips
  • 3 Cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 - 1/2 Cup milk
Directions
  1. Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
  2. Melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave.  Set the power level to 7, and microwave at 30 second intervals stirring between each interval.  (It took me about 1.5 minutes)
  3. Add the melted peanut butter chips to the mixer and cream together.
  4. Add one cup of powdered sugar to the mixture.  It will appear very dry. 
  5. Drizzle a small amount of milk until it reaches a creamy texture. 
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the sugar is incorporated.  When you are finished, your frosting should be creamy, but stiff enough to hold its shape.

7 comments:

  1. I'm actually salivating now....peanut butter is one of my new craves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am actually making some roasted banana cupcakes this week and wanted to make some peanut butter frosting. I think I am going to try to make this frosting!!! Check out my website... I will make sure to blog about my cupcakes and give you some credit for the frosting!! Thanks!!

    http://samsbakery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should go great with my rich chocolate cake, thinking if adding chocolate shaving aNd a small peanut butter cup.. should be delicious! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to try this recipe, but how many cupcakes will this frost?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This frosted 24 cupcakes with frosting to spare. You might also note that I use a LOT of frosting on each cupcakes, so you could probably stretch it further.

      Delete
  5. Made this,but it was not good. It was DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment--I love to hear what you think! I try to respond to any questions within one day.